If you are trying to go more plant based you need a recipe like this in your arsenal. The tahini and nutritional yeast add that umami goodness and you can dress it up or down to eat as a side or a main.
- washed and torn kale (lucinato or curly are my favorite--the different textures make them completely different salads. Also, if you are anti kale, use it on any green you like!)
- optional: beans (I like the creaminess of cannellini for this, but have thrown in garbanzo for more bite)
- 1/4 C pepitas or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 C tahini
- 1/4 C water
- 2 TB nutritional yeast, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 cloves garlic (or garlic powder to tastes)
- 1 tsp capers and brine
- 1 tsp mustard (dijon is best)
- juice of 1 lemon
- Mix the dressing ingredients at the bottom of your salad bowl
- add greens bit by bit so you can toss and cover them well
- add the beans and pepitas and toss
- other stuff that goes well with in the salad: raw red peppers, radishes, avocado... like I said, this is a staple salad.
- top with cracked black pepper and more nutritional yeast if you are anything like me.